Starry Nights at Veritas Vineyards is one of my all-time favorites of Charlottesville summers! Starry nights is a once monthly concert series at Veritas, that runs from June through September. It’s a fairly low-key evening where you are welcome to come to Veritas and picnic out under the stars, or you are also able to sit down to a catered meal from the Veritas chef’s with each course paired with wine.
This evening is an awesome combination of live music, wine, and the great outdoors! Bring your family, friends, blankets, lawnchairs and dancing shoes for an unforgettable night under the stars. Space is unlimited and tickets can be purchased the night of the event.
Cost is $15/person at the door- this buys you entry to Starry Nights and a Veritas glass. You can also buy tickets online in advance if you’d like. They do take cash or credit card at the door and the line is not bad.
Here are some Starry Nights tips for beginners;
- Bring blankets, lawn chairs, and a table if needed.
- It is especially fun to get a group of friends together and have everyone bring a side dish and their own blankets/chairs/etc for seating.
- Depending on your picnic, you may also need to bring plates, napkins, cups, cutlery, trash bags, bug spray, candles, etc.
- No outside alcohol is allowed! Make sure to bring cash or credit card to purchase Veritas wine on site! They will sift through coolers to check!
- Don’t forget to bring ID’s!
Some other information directly from the Veritas site;
Suns: $15/pp Includes admission ticket and a Veritas wine glass. Bring your picnics, tables, and lawn chairs to sit on the lawn. Space is unlimited and tickets can be purchased the night of the event.
Moons: $35/pp Includes admission ticket and a seat at a table on the lawn and the buffet meal. Limited availability, so book early!
Stars: $50/pp Includes admission ticket, buffet meal, and a seat at a table on the deck with full-service. Limited availability.
Questions? Please call 540-456-8000 ext. 108.
The 2010 line-up;
- Saturday, July 10th, 2010, 7-11 pm with Abbey Road – Beatles Cover Band
- Saturday, August 14th, 2010, 7-11 pm with Little Freddie King – New Orleans Blues Legend
- Saturday, September 11th, 2010, 7-11 pm with The Hackensaw Boys – Raucous Bluegrass and Very Special Guests Jim Waive and the Young Divorcees
Will we see you there??
Find Veritas on the web;
Map to Veritas;