Just this week the City will be sending out applications for it’s 2009 housing affordability program. The aim of this program is to offer credits of either $375 or $525 (depending on the income of the applicant) toward their 2009 December real estate tax bill.
Criteria is as follows (taken from the Charlottesville Housing Authority Program website at the City of Charlottesville);
You must legally own a qualifying city property as of January 1, 2009
• AND you must live in this home
• AND the current year assessed value on this property is NOT more than $365,000
• AND your federal adjusted household gross income for 2008 is $50,000 or less
• AND you are not receiving funds from the Real Estate Relief fund
• AND you owe no delinquent real ~ taxes and own no other estate property
- Click here to download the Charlottesville Housing Affordability Program Brochure.
- Click here to go directly to the City of Charlottesville website.
- Click here to download the Housing Affordability Application.
- Click here to read the article from NBC29.
The deadline to submit applications for this program is September 1, 2009. Please let me know if you have questions about the program or could use any help applying.