Thanks to the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce for this nice summary of recent rankings for the City of Charlottesville! I’ve elaborated on many of these and tried to catalogue them here already on the Charlottesville Rankings page, but I definitely missed a few along the way and will be adding more to the page soon!
It’s hard to debate it- Charlottesville is a great place to live!
From the January 21 Charlottesville Chamber of Commerce ChamberBits Newsletter;
Recent other acknowledgements for the City of Charlottesville include:
- 4th Best Place to Live in the Country – Kiplinger’s Magazine 2009
- Best Place to Launch a Business – Fortune Magazine 2009
- 11th Best Town to Find a Job – Forbes Magazine 2009
- One of the 30 Coolest Neighborhoods, Belmont – Men’s Health Magazine 2009
- 18th Safest Mid-Sized Cities in the Country (populations between 150,000 and 500,000), Farmers Insurance 2009
- AARP, Top 10 Healthiest Places to Retire, 2008
- Best Places to Retire, Black Enterprise Magazine, 2nd in 2008
- Best City for Living and Launching a Business by Fortune and Money Magazines – 18th Place in 2008.
- Best Small Market for Business by Forbes Magazine – 9th Place in 2008.