Even now that Restaurant Week is a Charlottesville tradition, I still get excited as ever when they are announced!
From January 24-30, 2011, Charlottesville has 16 restaurants participating in “Restaurant Week”, which involves $26/person prix-fixe menus, all of three courses- an appetizer, entree, and dessert. According to the Restaurant Week website, previous Restaurant weeks held in Charlottesville have earned over $10,000 for the local food bank! ($1 of every $26 meal is donated!) It’s tough to pass up the opportunity to dine at some of Charlottesville’s most highly desired restaurants all for a low cost and a great cause!
It’s not too early to start making reservations, and most of these restaurants will completely fill up, so book your plans now!
As of January 9, the following 16 restaurants are participating in the January 2011 Charlottesville Restaurant Week;
- Aberdeen Barn
- Blue Light Grill
- Brassiere Montiel
- Fossett’s at Keswick Hall
- Horse and Hound
- The Melting Pot
- Orzo Kitchen and Wine Shop
- Old Mill Room at The Boar’s Head Inn
Visit the Restaurant Week website to check out the prix-fixe menus for each restaurant!
Some insider’s tips for Restaurant Week;
- Start looking through the menu’s now and pinpoint some places you’d like to go.
- Book, now!
- Call each restaurant individually to make your reservation, and make sure to tell them you are participating in Restaurant Week!
- Make your reservation on time, or you may get skipped!
- All reservations are first come, first served, and some of the restaurants will fill up very early! If you can’t get a reservation at a place you’d like, you can try calling them on the day-of to see if any of their booked reservations had to cancel.
- Don’t forget that tax and tip aren’t included! Plan accordingly!
From the Restaurant Week website;
“For any diner who has ever dreamed about fine dining without breaking the bank, Restaurant Week is that dream… come true. Modeled on similar events in other cities, this is seven days of good food and good fun. Diners get to choose from each participating restaurant’s special prix fixe menu and enjoy three courses— an appetizer, an entree, and dessert— for just $25 [CORRECTION- actually $26 this year]. (Beverages, tax, and gratuity not included.)
Charlottesville Restaurant Week is January 24-30, 2011.