The Blue Ridge Outdoors January Issue “Best of the Outdoors” article highlights several beautiful areas in Charlottesville. This article is reader voted- polling readers from Baltimore to Atlanta to pick their favorites of the Blue Ridge.
Here are a few of the places that Charlottesville was competitive;
- Favorite Section of the Blue Ridge Parkway; Humpback Rock voted #3!
- Favorite Waterfall Section in the Blue Ridge; Crabtree Falls is voted #1! (biggest waterfall East of the Mississippi)- Nelson County
- Best Ski Runs in the Blue Ridge; Wintergreen Resort Cliffhanger mile long run voted #2!
- Best Snowboarding Event in the Blue Ridge: Blue Ridge Double Cross voted #1!
- Favorite Section of the Appalachian Trail: Shenendoah National Park Section voted #5!
- Best Road Race: The Charlottesville Ten Miler voted #5!
- Favorite Terrain park: Wintergreen Terrain Park voted #6!
Photo Credit: http://www.blueridgelocksmithing.com