Blue Ridge Outdoors Reader Poll Reveals Several Charlottesville Favorites!
The Blue Ridge Outdoors January Issue “Best of the Outdoors” article highlights several beautiful areas in Charlottesville. This article is reader voted- polling readers from Baltimore to Atlanta to pick their favorites of the Blue Ridge.
Here are a few of the places that Charlottesville was competitive;
- Favorite Section of the Blue Ridge Parkway; Humpback Rock voted #3!
- Favorite Waterfall Section in the Blue Ridge; Crabtree Falls is voted #1! (biggest waterfall East of the Mississippi)- Nelson County
- Best Ski Runs in the Blue Ridge; Wintergreen Resort Cliffhanger mile long run voted #2!
- Best Snowboarding Event in the Blue Ridge: Blue Ridge Double Cross voted #1!
- Favorite Section of the Appalachian Trail: Shenendoah National Park Section voted #5!
- Best Road Race: The Charlottesville Ten Miler voted #5!
- Favorite Terrain park: Wintergreen Terrain Park voted #6!
Check out the full video interview of Tom Daly, from Blue Ridge Outdoors on the Newsplex website here and be sure to read the full article at the Blue Ridge Outdoors website here!
Photo Credit: http://www.blueridgelocksmithing.com
[…] Humpback Overlook is at scenic milepost 5.8, and has a beautiful view all across town, but if you’re adventurous enough to climb Humpback Rock, you will have a chance to see why Blue Ridge Outdoor Magazine Readers voted Humpback Rock as one of their favorite parts all across th…! […]