2010 Annual Parade of Homes!
The Blue Ridge Home Builders Parade of Homes is an annual Charlottesville tradition that always occurs across two weekends (this year- October 9-10 and October 16-17) and showcases the best in new construction that Charlottesville has to offer. I know that for many people in Charlottesville who like to keep their eye on real estate, this is one of the most fun real estate events of the year! What better than touring through beautiful mint condition homes that are decorated impeccably to get great new ideas for your own home?!
I just had the privilege of judging several of the homes for the “Realtor’s Choice Award” that is awarded annually for each price range, and here are a few of my favorites you should be sure to check out if you’re in the market for new construction!
- 838 Belvedere Boulevard; Belvedere (Wendell Gibson)
- 854 Belvedere Boulevard; Belvedere (Stonehaus)
- 760 Belvedere Boulevard; Belvedere (Piedmont Realty and Construction)
- 821 Cole Street; Belvedere (Southern Development)
- Blandemar Farm Estates (Doug Kingma)
- 848 Colridge Drive; Kenridge (Craig Builders) Attached Home.
- 2123 Sundown Court; Pavilions at Pantops (Southern Development) Attached Home.
- 5237 Raven Stone Road; Foothill Crossing (Craig Builders)
- 393 Claremont Lane; Old Trail (Craig Builders) Attached Home.
- 2580 Palmer Drive; Keswick Estates (Alexander Nicholson)
- 118 Turkey Trot Lane; Spring Creek (Piedmont Realty & Construction)
But I just bought a home/am not looking to buy a home!
Whether you are in the market to buy a home or are just looking for fun and interesting remodeling ideas for the home you’re already in, this is really an excellent opportunity to learn more about our local builders, learn about the local new construction landscape, and check out the new and upcoming trends in real estate construction.
Just don’t get all googley-eyed and forget to involve your favorite Realtor!
Remember: If you are currently in the the market to buy a home, many of these developments are represented by salespeople who are employees of the builder and who aren’t licensed real estate professionals. I always recommend getting involved with a Realtor before making any significant real estate decisions!
Which home is your favorite??
Dates: Saturday October 9 – Sunday October 10, AND Saturday October 16 – Sunday October 17, 12P – 5P.
Below is a chunk of the full map that can be found on the Parade of Homes Site;