All Tidied Up!
If you are like 99% of people I know- you have either heard of or have watched the new Netflix series ’Tidying Up’ with Marie Kondo. Marie is an organizational expert specializing in the KonMari method (you can read more about her philosophy here: https://konmari.com/ ).
In a nutshell, she believes your home should bring you joy, and that having it tidy and (VERY) organized, will help you feel that way! I watched the series and decided that I needed some help in that area- so much to the dismay of my family I embarked on the ridiculous journey of organizing the following:
- The Hall Linen Closet (otherwise known as the most stuffed closet in the history of the world)
- The Master Bedroom Closet
- The Master Bathroom Linen Closet
Here were my takeaways at the beginning of this process;
- Anything that we have in these spaces that predates our oldest child was automatically pitched in the trash
- You don’t need to save sheets for beds that no longer exist in your home
- We are hoarders of beach towels
- NOTHING ABOUT THESE CLOSETS BRINGS ME ANY JOY
After 2 weeks, I was done!
The two linen closets are my pride and joy right now- they are so organized!
LINEN CLOSETS BEFORE AND AFTER:
In the Master Bedroom Closet, my husband wasn’t ready to feel joy about thinning out his t-shirt collection, so that is still in the same state it was sadly, we are baby stepping into that. I, however, removed 4 bags of shoes and clothes and was able to organize it in a way that makes way more sense.
MASTER BEDROOM CLOSET BEFORE AND AFTER:
Before and after pictures are a very satisfying way to see your progress! I have threatened monetary fines to anyone that dares to mess these spaces up, so hopefully, they stay nice and joyful for a while!
– Errin Searcy, Vice President of Sales and Associate Broker | Story House Real Estate