Madison County was established in December 1792, created from Orange County. The county is named for the Madison family that owned land along the Rapidan River. President James Madison is a descendant of that family. The average sales price in Madison County in 2014 was $256,887, and the median was $224,500.
- Founded: 1792
- Area: 322 square miles
- Population: 13,200 (2014)
- Population Per Square Mile: 39
- Number of Housing Units:
- Unemployment rate: 3.6%
- Cities in Madison County: Rochelle, Graves Mill, Leon
- County Seat: Madison
- County Website: http://www.madison-va.com/
- Madison County Public Schools Website: http://www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us/
- Distance to Charlottesville: 34.8 miles
- Distance to Charlottesville (Downtown): 34.6 miles
- Distance to Charlottesville (Airport): 27.4 miles
- Distance to Charlottesville (Pantops/Martha Jefferson Hospital): 38 miles
- Distance to Charlottesville (UVA): 33 miles
- Distance to Richmond, VA: 92.4 miles
- Distance to Washington, DC: 89.4 miles
FEATURED MADISON COUNTY NEIGHBORHOODS
OTHER MAJOR MADISON COUNTY NEIGHBORHOODS
No properties matching your search criteria were found.
This MLS IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.